Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Tomorrow, in the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving Day.  Every year around this time, I make a list on this blog of all the things that I am thankful for.  Indeed, there are so many, that it's hard to believe that we  set aside only one "official" day to give thanks to the Almighty for His abundant blessings.

This year, I have decided to post something that appeared in our Church bulletin this past Sunday.  It's a bit humorous; but yet, is very poignant and true.  Not only should we be grateful for the big things in our lives; but for the little things we so much take for granted:

Thanksgiving
by Fr. Brian Joyce

I am thankful for the mess to clean up after a party  because it means I have been surrounded by friends.


I am thankful for the taxes I have to pay because it means I have a job and I am employed.


I am thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have had enough to eat.


I am thankful for the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.


I am thankful for all the complaining I do about the government because it means we have freedom of speech.


I am thankful for the parking spot I find at the far end of the lot because it means I am capable of walking.


I am thankful for my big heating bill because it means I am warm.


(I love this one. Don’t look around. Don’t turn. Just listen.)
I am thankful for the lady behind me in Church who sings off-key because it means I can hear.


I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.


I am thankful for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.


And finally, I am thankful for the alarm that goes off early in the morning because it means that I am still alive.

So, from the W2LJ household to all of you .... we extend our most sincere best wishes to you for a safe, warm, happy Thanksgiving Day.  May you have an enjoyable day with family, friends and good food!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!




3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving there also.
    I especially like the very last quote. Everyday is a good day when you get up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry, a happy thanksgiving! 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Larry ... thanks for reminding me of the the little things that I tend to forget ... May God continue to bless you and your family on this wonderful Thanksgiving Day !!
    73 de N4LA

    ReplyDelete