Thursday, November 18, 2010

Duck hunt?

I had to double check the calendar.  I had thought for sure that tonight was the 40 Meter QRP Fox hunt.  Oh wait a minute ...... it IS Thursday night!  I'm just not hearing anything - Foxes or hounds tonight.  And that's a shame as their is hardly any background QRN and the band is pristine!

I am hearing some stations calling "CQ NS" however and sending an exchange with the word "DUCK" in it; so I am assuming there is either some kind of practice going on or perhaps a weeknight contest of some sort?  I am definitely not the Contest Guru; so am not sure at all.

I do see a skunk pelt in sight for tonight however.  Conditions are beautiful and I can't hear a peep out of either Fox or Hound pack.  How ironic!

Late note ...... finally found Rick NK9G.  He was mostly at ESP levels but occasionally popped up to about 559. Unfortunately, hearing him is quite tough as he is being alternately covered up by a QRQ station and F3NB calling"CQ DX".  Even with the K2's tightest filter, it's a mess on that frequency.  However, the French station is way is way stronger, so I guess the band IS long tonight.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment