Friday, February 17, 2012

I need to follow my own advice

I went downstairs and flipped the K2 on and tuned around 40 Meters - WOW !!!!!!

After a long and full day of work, my brain is simply not ready to wrap around 40 WPM code.  I worked HG3R who was cruising at about 35 WPM and called it a night. Tomorrow, after a good night's sleep and after the opening hours pandemonium is over, I will be ready to jump into the fray.  Also, during the daylight hours, stations will be spread out more as other bands open.  Seems like right now, everyone is crammed into 40 and 80 Meters.

I've been at this Morse game for over 30 years now; and I really admire these guys who can while away at 40 - 50 WPM.  I would love to be able to attain that kind of speed; but right now, it sounds more like a buzz saw than Morse Code.  God bless them, you have to admire and respect that kind of ability.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Larry, it's great to use CW. I work what I can, but most of all just have fun with QRP. Sometimes it is an challenge to decode, a call given with a very high speed, but low power and 1000 Miles per Watt gives my more fun. hi
    73, Bert

    ReplyDelete