Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Firefox mess up

Firefox auto updated sometime over the weekend.  Everything seems to be OK except that my revolvermap globe, down and to the right, appears to me to be a "white hole".  No more globe, although everything is still fine when browsing using either Chrome or IE.

My friend who was racing me between his house closing and me getting the KX3 has moved into his new house.  No hitches except for the fact that it's been a week and he still doesn't have an antenna up yet!  Am I a pathetic Ham or what? Shows where MY priorities are - although I have to admit that if I were in the same situation, I'm sure an antenna would not be utmost on my schedule (practically speaking), either.

I placed an order for a 9 cell battery for my Acer Aspire One from eBay.  This is the netbook that I use in the shack and  for when I go portable.  The old 6 cell battery gave me about an 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours computer time.  This new battery should add about an hour to that. Turns out that it was shipped from the next town over, so I had to pay NJ sales tax. It still came under $25, though.

30 Meters was in fine shape tonight - I had a good couple of rag chews with some of our VE brethren.  Love it when there's hardly any background noise. The incoming signals seem to jump right out at you.

BTW, the new header photo isn't new.  That's "Lake George Sunrise" that I took back in 2007.  It was taken on the day we came home that year.  I was up at 5:00 AM, packing up the car as the sun was rising.  I knew I had a decent photo in the offing, so I dug out the camera and got a few like that before we left. Hard to believe it was that long ago.  When we go up there for our annual vacation this summer, it will be our 9th year there.  Both Marianne and I love it up there and wouldn't mind moving up there when it's retirement time (like THAT'S going to ever happen!).  I don't know if I could handle the winters up in NY State, though.

Back to the shack for a bit .....

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!


2 comments:

  1. Globe works for me, but I have an older version of FF. this is why I NEVER upgrade unless I absolutely have to, got tired of chasing these little weird problems all the time, which sometimes would go unnoticed for weeks at a time. You can always go back to a previous working version here: http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Larry, at least on my Firefox here on Linux the globe is alive and spinning! Check out my WebSDR 30 meters RX sometime. Just go to websdr.org and it's near the bottom of the list (or on the map).

    73,

    Casey, TI2/NA7U

    ReplyDelete