Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Radical, but I kinda like it!

Posted by Bobby AK4JA (who I've worked - fantastic op!) on QRP-L today. Provocative? Yes. Controversial? Yes. True? No, but I kinda like it anyway:

"QRP - a real man's mode , not for sissies and certainly not for selfish, impatient , ego-maniacs - Man up, grow a set and go QRP if you dare!"

Not trying to start a QRO vs QRP war, but I enjoyed the humor. And it makes for a good battle cry. Definitely better than "Life is too short for $200 finals" or whatever some guys like to bandy about. And no, I won't be changing my tag line.

Hey, Bobby! I think this would make a good T-shirt!  Something on the order of this:


Hee hee!  Is that a challenge, or what ?

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:14 AM

    I wish you all would stop about QRP this and QRP that. It's getting old and is definitely boring as hell. So you work QRP? Whatever you like! But if you ever want to work me, then crank it up, because I am located half across the world, the sun is not blessing us with many spots, I have a limited antenna setup, so 100 W is QRP in my neck of the woods. My KX3 is gathering dust; glad to have my IC-7200. And if that means I'm a sissy.....so be it. --BX2ABT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hans,

    Two things:

    1) Part of the title of this blog is "QRP - Do More With Less". I should think that that's a pretty good indicator of what I'm going to be writing about here. So if you're tired of QRP, or you're bored with it, or if it offends you, then I'd suggest "changing the channel" as it were.

    2) And, as I stated over at the comments section at AmateurRadio.com, the keyword here was HUMOR. Sorry if the post offended you, but as some of my teenaged son's friends would say (and who knows, maybe it's just a New Jersey thing) "Chill out, Dude, it was just a joke!"

    73 and have a very nice day!
    Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete