Wednesday, January 21, 2015

W2LJ's 2014/2015 Fox Hunt Results so far - I suck.

In a word .... eeeeeeew.

The tallies were posted yesterday, before last night's 40 Meter hunt.  This is where I stood:


I worked only one of the 40 Meter Foxes last night after coming home from class, and that was Greg AB7R in Washington State.  The other Fox was Tom KV2X in NY State. I see a couple of East coast Hounds worked him, but very early in the hunt, before the band went long. I was teaching at that point, so propagation worked for AND against me last night. Still, I maintain my .500 batting average as I am now "9 out of 18" after last night.

These are the 80 Meter standings, which are still accurate, as the next 80 Meter hunt is tomorrow night:


A .687 batting average on 80 Meters.  Not sure why 80 Meters is doing better for me, but it is. I'll have to go back and take a look at last year's results, but if memory serves me correctly (and it most likely doesn't!), I did just the exact opposite last year - better on 40 Meters than 80.

Hold on a sec, let me go look.

Yep, I was right.  Last year, I ended up with a .800 batting average on 40 Meters and only a .725 batting average on 80 Meters. Wait .... what?  Wow! I just realized that not only are my band results flip-flopped from last year, but I'm doing terribly this year compared to last. Man, if this was the majors, I'd be heading down to AAA ball.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment