Sunday, October 18, 2015

Brrrrrrrr ......

Autumn has arrived with a vengeance! When I woke up today, it was 32F (0C). The furnace is now turning itself on its own, with the help of the thermostat, of course. It's time for multiple layers in the W2LJ household - multiple shirts and a sweater.

Look for the 2016 NJQRP Skeeter Hunt to incorporate, in a big way, the ARRL's National Parks on the Air program. I haven't worked out the details, but there will probably be special points given for working Skeeters who have opted to work from one of the many National Park units around the country. There will also be bonus points for Skeeters choosing to go set up in a National Park unit.

There are lots, and it shouldn't be that hard to find one near you. Here's a good place to start:
http://www.npca.org/exploring-our-parks/parks/

Lastly, here's a cool video pointed out to me by Marv, K2VHW. A nice promotional video produced by the RSGB:




72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry, wow that's already very cold for the time of the year. Here we have decreasing temperatures, winter is slowly coming. I like the video. I shared the video on my Facebook page for friends and family who still don't understand what I am really doing here behind the rig. 73 Paul PC4T

    ReplyDelete