Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Field Day results are in!

If you're anything like me, you were probably scratching your head a couple of weeks ago when the digital and paper versions of November QST came out, sans Field Day results. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I guess December, then."

Wrong! (This is getting to be a bad habit on my part.)

The ARRL has chosen to release the results of Field Day 2015 via the Web. The only reason I knew this was one of my Facebook friends had pointed it out to me, even before the announcement was made by the ARRL. See? I keep telling you guys that Facebook does have SOME value!

Even before I got dressed for work, I was checking to see how NJ2SP did this year. (I'm such a geek!) It turns out we did pretty darned OK.

We came in fifth in the nation in the 3AB (battery powered, 5W power limit) category.


And we came in tenth in the Hudson Division for all categories.


Now all we have to do is get Marv K2VHW's beam working for next year for the SSB station, and I'm thinking of switching from the EARCHI to the W3EDP for the CW station and we should be able to do even better. Now if we can only keep the deluges away, we'll be "In like Flynn".

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!



3 comments:

  1. Field Day results always appear in the December QST, and this year is no different. The ARRL often releases contest result articles to the web ahead of QST publication.

    73, Mark AI4BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a job well done! Great work.

    George
    K2WO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stand corrected. Darn, there's that nasty habit of being wrong, once again. Luckily, I have so many folks who are more than willing to get me back on the straight and narrow !

    ReplyDelete