Monday, October 19, 2015

Ol' Sol must be feeling better

The bands have been picking up the past few days. Ol' Sol must be out of the ICU and in to a private room and on the mend.

I was able to work Israel, Bulgaria, Ecuador, Ireland, St. Lucia, Aruba, and the Cayman Islands over the weekend. And today at lunch, I worked Anitigua, Hungary and Gary KT0A on a SOTA peak in Colorado - Berrian Mountain W0C/FR-060.


This sure beats calling CQ and not getting any takers, and makes lunch time so much more pleasant.

As I was taking the Buddistick apart and tearing down the station after lunch, I was looking longingly at a 50 foot pine tree that's just yards away from where I park. Boy, if I could shoot a wire into that tree ..........

But with Security roaming the parking lots, that would be probably a bigger risk than I would care to take. Maybe with some really fine guage magnet wire - it WOULD be practically invisible, but at the same time, so very fragile. In any event, it's probably not worth getting into trouble over, but I can dream ..... can't I?

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment