Wednesday, June 21, 2023

First Day of Summer - not a bad start!


Summer officially starts today at 10:58 EDT or 14:58 UTC - and that also means that today is the first day that you can sign up for a Skeeter number for the 2023 iteration of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.  I started accepting requests at 12:01 AM (O' Dark Thirty) this morning and so far we've filled the first 53 slots.

Just a recap of the major points:

1) The Skeeter Hunt is open to all Amateur Radio ops. With the sunspot number increasing, might we see a few DX Skeeters this year? I don't know, time will tell.

2) This year, the Skeeter Hunt is on Sunday, August 27th from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM EDT or 17:00 to 21:00 UTC.

3) You do NOT have to operate portable to get a Skeeter #. You earn a better multiplier for dong so, however

4) This year there are 17 Bonus Skeeters (so far). These are ops who participate every year, are reliable and have good signals. They all have Skeeter #s assigned to them that are palindromes - #11, 22, 33 through 161. Work any Bonus Skeeter for 100 points and collect up to 10 for a maximum of 1,000 bonus points. 

For all the details, go to www.qsl.net/w2lj

Summer is my favorite time of they year. I enjoy the long days and I enjoy the warmth. While I'm not a big fan of hazy, hot and humid, I'd much rather have that than cold, dark and freezing. I hope you all have a fantastic Summer and for my readers who may reside in the Southern Hemisphere - I hope your Winter is not terrible.

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment