Saturday, April 06, 2013

Good radio day

It was a good day to be a "Giver of Points".

I worked 44 stations in the QRP ARCI Spring QSO Party in various little spurts of operating time today.  I also handed out a few points to Polish stations in the Polish DX Contest.  And I grabbed a few other DX QSOs in order to keep up with the Club 72 QRP Marathon.

Regarding the QRP Marathon, in a field of about 33 stations, I am currently sitting in 9th place.  How long do you think that's going to last?  But here's a thought - to qualify, the two stations have to be separated by 500 kM.  So, if I get back into the QRP ARCI QSO Party again tomorrow using 1 Watt or perhaps QRPp, maybe I can score some good QRP Marathon points!

The high points today - working Jorge EA2LU on both 15 and 20 Meters, working HB9DAX on 20 Meters - both of these were QRP ARCI QSOs, so they were all 2X QRP.  And this evening, I worked W1JSB on 80 Meters.  You might know W1JSB better as Hans, Jim W1PID's hiking buddy.  Hans was running 1.5 Watts and had a killer signal.  I also worked Ann K1QO up in New Hampshire - Ann is one of my Fox hunting buddies.  She is a superb op with a great fist and a great signal - it's always great to hear her on the air.

I also scored two QSOs on 160 Meters - the W3EDP is still doing great in that regard.  Even though it's only April, 160M seems to be in full Summer time mode - static crashes galore!

I'm beat - going to hit the hay for now!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment