Friday, August 12, 2011

So here's the deal

I got confirmation via e-mail that I did make it into the K6JSS/3 log.  I received a nice e-mail from Serg KB3VCQ. letting me know.

In fact, he's even posted to his blog about his adventures as K6JSS/3 over the past few days.

http://kb3vcq.posterous.com/trial-by-fire-k6jss3

Now, I really have to hand it to Serg (and not just because I worked him!).  No, it takes guts to volunteer for a CW Special Event Station when you're new to CW and you still feel like you're kind of out of your element.  When I was a Novice and was still finding my way, I wouldn't have had the cajones to jump in and do what Serg did.  He deserves a round of applause from all of us for diving into the deep end of the pool  and performing well under what could be described as difficult circumstances, at best.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Larry, that's fantastic to read about Serg and how he has jumped in. I know for myself during CW contests I am reluctant to call CQ contest as I am not to sure of myself. I will had to to Serg this sure is the way to advance with CW...from the frying pan and into the CW refining fire.

    ReplyDelete