Thursday, August 18, 2011

Things that make me shake my head.

Two things today.

First, a rarity.  At lunchtime today, I decided to step out from work and head over McDonalds.  I haven't been to McDonalds in a long time!  I went through the drive through and ordered the No. 2 Combo.  Two cheeseburgers, fries and and a sweet tea.  The total came to $5.03.  I handed the kid a tenner and three pennies.  He tried handing me back $4.97.  When I mentioned that I gave him a ten and three pennies and all he had to give me was a five dollar bill back, I got the deer in the headlights look.

Second, something you might have read on John AE5X's blog.  Heathkit is re-entering the kit business - yay!  The same story was over on e-Ham.  Against my better judgement,  I decided to read some of the comments.  I wish I hadn't.

Really ..... what do folks expect?  Heath is going to re-enter the kit business after, what, 20 some odd years and what do our loveable, wisdom filled Ham brethren expect?  A HW-505 or perhaps the equivalent to an Elecraft K5 as a first offering?

Baby steps, people!  Obviously, they are going to follow a business plan to see what the market will bear.  If it's good to them, I am sure Amateur Radio equipment (probably only accessories, guys) will follow in due time.

Talk about wanting blood from a stone!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment