Saturday, May 16, 2009

Nicer than expected

It turned out to be a nicer day than expected. The forecast was for rain and thunderstorms. That may still happen; but so far it has been sunny; but humid. It feels warmer than the 66 degrees that it is.

I went against doctor's orders and mowed the lawn. I was supposed to wait at least until tomorrow; but since the forecast for tomorrow looks wet, I did it today. The only good thing about it was that it wasn't as thick as it was last week.

I got the WAS CW QRP award application and QSL cards mailed off to Newington today. According to the automated USPS "clerk", the package should arrive on Tuesday. I have no idea what the backlog might be on processing awards. It will be interesting to see. Since today is Saturday, to be fair, I will consider Monday to be Day One.

Maybe someone out there has filed for WAS recently and can give me a clue as to the current turn around time.

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. I did my WAS 100% online via LoTW confirmations and it took just a couple of days.

    At the beginning of the month I submitted 100+ DXCCs via LoTW and an additional 18 or so via QSL cards checked by our local card checker. Referencing which is the DXCC application status page, they are processing requests submitted the week of April 3rd. No idea if there's any correlation between the processing times.