Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Again ?????

Today, I did something on the way home from work, that I don't do everyday. I turned on the VHF/UHF radio and listened some to the local 2 Meter repeater. And I heard two words that made my blood run cold - "Nor'Easter" and "snow". There were intimations being made about another winter storm to hit our area later this week.

So I came home, turned on the computer and went to AccuWeather, only to find this:


Weather map courtesy of AccuWeather.com


This is what I have to look forward to later this week. It's very disconcerting when you see the term "snow hurricane" being used in the place of "blizzard". It's also not good when they talk about an oncoming storm and use the words "monster" and "historical proportions".

Stupid groundhog!

72 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. We got snow here in Houston today. Anyone seen Al Gore lately...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is God's way of telling us that He is the only one who can cause climate change. :)

    ReplyDelete