Friday, February 26, 2010

A little salt and pepper, please ?!?

For the words in my previous post, I mean.

Did it snow last night! To the point that I woke up to a scene that was totally white! AccuWeather.com was correct; and like a fool, I doubted them. Woe is me! :) I had to shovel to get out of my driveway - the snowplows hadn't even touched the road. Thank God for four wheel drive - it got me into work today.

As bad as the local streets were; the main highways were pretty good. The drive in was not "white knuckle" like it was coming home that day last week. It snowed pretty hard all morning; with the sun finally peeking through the clouds around 2:00 PM or so.

All told, just over a foot (about 31 cm) of snow fell. The winds were vicious, constantly blowing snow into my face as I tried to shovel this morning; which is a bad thing when you wear eyeglasses! There are snow drifts in my driveway over 2 feet high (61 cm) in places.

The good thing is that by the time I left work; the roads were pretty much clear down to the asphalt surface and were mainly just wet. That will be bad for tonight though; as we're quickly dropping below the freezing point. I am glad I don't have to drive anywhere tonight.

So between two bouts of snow shoveling and a "normal" busy day at work; I am bushed! I am going to turn in early tonight; as I have to go back into work tomorrow. No normal weekend for W2LJ this weekend.

72 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry,

    Actually 6 inches on the ground here in the valley of WV. I thought we were going to spared again but alas.....the white stuff finally arrived. It's a good day to stay indoors and play radio.

    Hope the back holds out with all that shoveling.

    John N8ZYA

    ReplyDelete