Wednesday, February 03, 2010

You never know

who is going to visit your Website or blog. I receive nice comments about both from time to time; and it really makes the effort worthwhile. And in receiving comments, I even learn a thing or two from time to time.

I received a nice e-mail from a Kristi Nichols, who is a communications teacher up in Massachusetts. She came across my Webpage and wrote to tell me that she was going to post it on her class Website as a link to Amateur Radio.

In return, she sent me a link to a Ham Radio Resources Guide.

http://www.answerconnect.com/articles/the-ham-radio-resource-guide

In itself, this page contains very basic, overview type of information about Amateur Radio. But, if you ever find yourself teaching a beginner's class; or find yourself being asked by someone for good, basic information about Amateur Radio, it is a VERY good link to share.

73 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, having a blog connects people to each other. You'll never know who is reading your postings. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry,

    How true....I think it's a BIG reason that we all write about our hobby. To encourage others to join in on the fun! My radio friends on the web are as much a part of my everyday life as my close friends in my local hometown.

    I was impressed with the "women amateur radio ops" link on her page. Ham radio isn't gender specific, nor age specific, nor race specific.

    We're all on the same page and I've found this to be especially true with CW ops.

    There was a lot of conflict in our hobby when we dropped the CW requirements for a license a few yeas ago. But CW is still alive and well on all the bands today.

    As puzzling at it may sound, more hams every day are learning the value of using Morse code as their primary means of communicating.

    It puts everyone on an even playing field.

    ReplyDelete