Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow day


I awoke this morning to find that a good 4 inches of snow had fallen overnight. I shoveled the driveway and headed in to work. The drive wasn't bad because all the sane companies (not mine) decided to close up shop for the day to allow their employees to stay home.

It snowed on and off all day; but really got going around 3:00 PM. They let us leave early, at 4:00 PM; and the drive home was a real white knuckle affair. Visibility was very bad and there weren't enough snow plows out to keep up with it. I drove home using as a guide, the wheel ruts in the snow that the vehicles before me had made.

When I finally did get home, I got to engage in my most favorite activity in the world. See the above photo for a clue to what that is! The snow is just really starting to taper off now, at about 9:00 PM. I would hazard a guess that we received somewhere between 16 - 18 inches of snow.

The good news is that even with a lot of wet, clingy, heavy snow; the antennas pulled through. This morning I was really worried that the G5RV and my end fed Zepp might not make it. They are sagging a bit right now; but once the snow is off of them, they will both be fine.

Anyway, Joey and Cara had fun - even if I didn't.



73 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Larry, with your shoveling and driving experience over the past few days, your now well qualified to live in ERIE, PA!

    Stay warm, Bob W3BBO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bob. As you are an experienced veteran of the "Snow wars", I will take that as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete