Sunday, March 14, 2010

Before turning in

I just had to go down to the basement to hook up the PFR3A to the antenna again, just to listen to 40 Meters for a while. I am so happy that it is working now .... you have no idea!

It's going to take a bit of getting used to using push buttons for tuning instead of a dial. I like the cool little noise the signals make as you pass them by while holding the "up" or "down" buttons pressed.

I have tweaked C1/C2 for loudest signal reception. I will try and figure out how to get my "not so great" frequency counter hooked up to do the calibrations, if I can. I will also try and get to the BFO calibration, which can be done by ear, soon. Looks like Tuesday night might be the earliest. So far tomorrow night and Wednesday night are booked with various meetings.

72 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment