Thursday, March 11, 2010

Disappointed

It was posted on the QRP e-mail reflectors that a bunch of QRPers were headed up to Cape Cod to activate the Marconi site at Wellfleet as Special Event Station W1M, tonight and tomorrow. Tonight was supposed to be dedicated to operations on 160 Meters and 80 Meters.

The DX Clusters show them on 160 Meters (which I don't have installed yet - my fault!) and on 30 Meters. I thought they were going to be on 80 Meters where I thought I would have a good shot at working them.

I really like Wellfleet. I visited there soon after getting my ticket way back when and I have fond memories of my time spent there.

Oh well ......

72 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. I just worked them on 15m. Not sure who the op was but he knew my name w/o me giving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Larry for our no-show on 80m. We had 20 to 30 over 9 noise only on 80m which made reception nearly impossible. Noise levels on 160m were "normal" at S2-S6 with the expected static crashes. Even after some hopeful CQs, I wasn't able to copy sigs and I'd rather not be an "alligator". So I went back to 30m which was just plain fun! 80m is one of my favorite cw bands...and I really wanted to spend the night working Eu and the US. Not this time! Guy, N7UN/2

    ReplyDelete