Wednesday, March 24, 2010

PFR3A

I began winding T3 tonight, the last component to be soldered to the PFR3A circuit board. I say that I began winding it, as I was too tired to finish. It was a pretty crappy day at work which left me pretty much mentally exhausted.

I re-read the procedure for winding the rest of T3 and it doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to be. I should be able to finish it tomorrow night (assuming tomorrow is a better day at work) and get it soldered in. Hopefully, my ability to keep focused will be better tomorrow night.

The latest issue of CQ came today. Inside was K4TWJ's final QRP column. Cam Hartford N6GA takes over for Dave and his regular QRP column will begin with the June issue, if I read right and remember correctly.

While K4TWJ will be a tough act to follow, I am convinced that Rich Moseson, the editor of CQ, knows exactly what he is doing and has found the perfect successor for Dave Ingram. I wish Cam all the luck in the world; and hope he'll be churning out a good QRP column for CQ Magazine for many years to come.

72 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Sure does look different than the Emtech ZM-2 inductor. The different wire color made it easier to wind the coil in the Emtech Z Match tuner (I believe you have built that one too). Its quite neat to have the Z Match Tuner built into the rig along with Tayloe's SWR LED and resistor load while tuning and protecting the finals...Jason - N6WBL

    ReplyDelete