Friday, March 05, 2010

From Winter to Summer.

Last weekend there was a foot of snow on the ground. Tomorrow and Sunday it will get up into the mid 50s,

From Winter to Spring in a week - how about that?

And if that's all I can think to write about; I must be tired!

Some random and disconnected thoughts ..... all I keep hearing and reading about is this newly designed, super duper neat and slick "new" ARRL Website. When's that supposed to happen? Looks like the same ol', same ol' to me!

The more I think about this situation with my PFR3A, the more steamed I get. I should inquire as to the possibility of a new kit; but I suppose the snowball in Hell stands a better chance.

Anybody wanna buy it? I'm tempted to sell it, as is, for half of what it normally goes for just to get it out of my hair. Next time, I'll spend the extra money and go for a KX-1. At least Elecraft KNOWS how to manufacture a kit.

Got the latest "Keynote" from FISTS with Nancy Kott on the cover in color. I see she stepped down from the Editor's post at WorldRadio Online; and that Richard Fisher KI6SN, is now head honcho. I guess that means his blog will get updated even less often now.

My daughter, who is in 3rd grade, came home with a 100% on her test on the phases of the moon. I think that back when I was in 3rd grade, all us kids still thought the moon was made of green cheese.

The 2 Meter repeater that I've been hanging on lately during the commute to and from work? I was extended the invitation to join; and the club President told me to mention him as my sponsor. I thought that was cool.

Argh! It's March and I still haven't sent in my GQRP dues! I have to do that this weekend. It's a good thing today was payday.

When people ask me if I have a good paying job, I tell them I get paid weekly - VERY weakly!

I got a notice in the mail yesterday about the 35th reunion of my high school graduating class. A ticket is $89. For that amount of money it had better be darned good rubber chicken.

72 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Larry, you may be interested in my recent blog posting detailing the reasons for my hesitancy to order anything KI6DS-related. "Never Again" would be the Cliff's Notes version...

    And yes, Elecraft does know how to make a kit. I'm 80% finished with my K3 and have been impressed throughout at both the mechanical design and the clarity of documentation. And of course the support is a direct opposite to what you're experiencing with your PFR problem.

    Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete