Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Done and done!

That did not take long at all. I soldered in all the components on the Jackson Harbor Press LC meter kit tonight. I will have to stop by Radio Shack tomorrow and hopefully, I will be able to buy a set of clip leads. I will solder these to the board and they will allow me to test capacitors and inductors. If the Shack doesn't have any, I will more than likely fabricate my own using some of the alligator clips that I bought at the hamfest a few weeks ago.

I also need to stop by the grocery store to buy a 9V battery to power this meter up. It's Murphy's Law that you never have one in the house when you need one!

The other thing that I need to pick up tomorrow is that can of Krylon clear spray. There's a Home Depot right across the street from where I work. They open at 6:00 AM, so if I leave the house a few minutes earlier tomorrow, I can pop in there on my way to work. I am off from work on Friday for Good Friday; and the weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 70s, so it looks like superb outdoor spray painting weather.

After this, I am not sure what I will tackle next; but I have plenty to pick from.

72 de Larry W2LJ

PS: John AE5X - what did you do for yours with regards to an enclosure?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:41 AM

    Larry, I just use the board as is and haven't thought about an enclosure. You need access to the calibrate jumper, so maybe an Altoid tin would do the trick.

    73 de Bob W3BBO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob - I was thinking. I have some of those clear top boxes from the 4 States QRP Group. It's kind of overkill as they're a bit on the big side for this tiny board. But once you include the clip lead, battery and piezoelectric buzzer, you start using up real estate. Might work.

    73 de Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete