Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Totally outclassed

I have had the honor and privilege to work Michael Rainey AA1TJ on a couple of occasions.  Mike homebrews and operates the neatest designs and rigs.  This evening I worked him on his newest 250 mW special, which is detailed in his blog.  I have added his blog to the blogroll on the right.

I have added it, not really expecting to be able to easily understand most of it; because Michael is in a league to which I am not even close.  But I would hope that there are a lot of readers of this blog who are in his league that would not only easily understand but enjoy his writing.

Mike was 339 into New Jersey, for the most part.  He was even louder when the QSB was at minimum.  I received a 229 report. I was using the K2 and the HF9V.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't that a hoot?! I also had the pleasure of working Mike AA1TJ tonight. I had tried yesterday but it was just too rough on this end to make a go of it...I faired a little better signal wise I got a 439 from my FT-817 and 5 watts into my piece of wire and Mike was 229 but after our QSO he came up to a very nice 439! (its always that way..no?)

    72,
    Jim WA2OQJ

    ReplyDelete