Saturday, April 30, 2011

K6JSS/7

From looking at QRPSPOTS today, it looks like if I am going to have any shot at all of getting Montana in the log, then I will have to get up early tomorrow morning.  K6JSS/7 was on the air for what seems to be a goodly amount of time from about 6:30 to 9:30 AM local time.  The rest of the day, not so much.

I listened around 20:56 UTC on both 15 and 20 Meters, as posted.  I heard absolutely nothing on 15 Meters and only ESP signals on 20 Meters.  Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow morning on 40 Meters.

The bands were very busy with Florida QSO Party stations.  Other than that contest, I didn't seem to hear much.  15 and 17 Meters seemed pretty dead.  Not too much QRP activity on 20 Meters from what I was able to hear (or not hear).

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Guess I won't have to get up extra early tomorrow.  Roy AB7CE who is K6JSS/7 this week just announced on QRPSPOTS that he was going to 30 Meters and I worked him!  A good 559 into NJ, this was the clearest and loudest that I had heard him all week.  Common wisdom made me think 20 Meters would have been the preferred band between MT and NJ.  Seems 30 Meters doesn't know much about common wisdom - and for that I am extremely grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Sigh...I heard him last night on 30 meters, barely. He responded to my call, but then his signal vanished. Oh well, one more day to keep trying...

    Pete
    W1PNS

    ReplyDelete