Monday, April 25, 2011

QRPTTF - 2011

As expected, I was not able to put much of an effort into QRPTTF for 2011.  The reason was twofold:

1: The day was also Holy Saturday and there was just too much to do in preparation for Easter Sunday.

2: It rained and it rained and it rained and it rained until about 5:30 in the afternoon.

I did manage to get on as a Home station for a lil' bit and made 13 QSOs between 20 and 40 Meters, using the EDZ on 40 Meters and the HF9V on 20 Meters.  Sad to say, there was also some deliberate QRM on 40 Meters.  Despite sending "QRL?" several times and not receiving a reply, I could tell, because of the K2's excellent QSK, that there was someone deliberately holding the key down as I would send "CQ QRP".  Sometimes the offending station didn't have his timing down and he would continue for a second or two after I stopped sending.  Thinking that it might be a coincidence, I QSYed, only to have the QRMer follow me.  Then, when he decided to drop that tactic, every time I did have a QSO, it would be followed up with an extra "dit dit" that was very obviously sent by neither the station I had worked or myself.

There's so much spectrum that we have that's underused.  You would think that better use would be made of it other than silly, childish games.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Larry the weekend was a washout up this way too. But like you there was also lots to get done over the Easter weekend that radio took a back seat.

    ReplyDelete