Thursday, April 12, 2012

CQ - April 2012 - QRP Special !

I got my April copy of CQ and it's no April Fool's joke - the issue is dedicated to QRP!  How cool is that?

Included feature articles:

QRP in Paradise by Woody Hester WD9F
The "Splinter" QRPp Trans-Reciver by Bill Minikiewicz W4FSV
A QRP Superstation by R. Scot Rought KA8SMA
CQ Reviews - the MFJ-9200 QRPocket CW Transciever by Rich Moseson W2VU
Learning Curve - A QRP Primer by Rich Arland K7SZ (who I had the honor of working this past weekend in the QRP ARCI Spring QSO Party).
The regular QRP column by Cam Hartford N6GA
The regular Kit Building column by Joe Eisenberg K0NEB

Yes, we always have great QRP publications at our fingertips like QRP Quarterly and Sprat; but it's nice when the "mainstream" publications feature QRP.  You never know, maybe we'll soon meet some new friends who will be joining us after being introduced to QRP by the April edition of CQ.

Thanks to Rich Moseson and all the fine editors at CQ.  And a special thanks to Cam and Joe, who keep the fine articles coming all year 'round!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Larry! Sounds like a great issue. I don't have a subscription to CQ (that may change soon)or a local retailer but... I just figured out I could order this issue and have it sent to me via USPS priority mail from www.MyMagStore.com for a hefty $5.99 + $7.00 shipping. Not cheap but the issue sounds worth it to me.
    73,
    Bob - W2TAC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very good issue, I've read it cover to cover twice now. I was so intrigued with W4FSV's article on the "Splinter QRPp Trans-Receiver", I ordered one.

    I'm also intrigued by the YouKits HB-1B sold by Ten-Tec (in N6GA's "A Big World of Little Radios" article). It will make a better portable field QRP radio then my Elecraft K1. Perhaps for my birthday this year... HI.

    73, Howard
    AC4FS

    ReplyDelete