Thursday, August 31, 2023

One of the reasons that I like Elecraft

I'm an Elecraft fanboy. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I know that Elecraft is not everyone's cup of tea and I fully accept that. But here's one of the reasons, that I like them so much. They pay attention to their customers.

A new KX2 user has been having problems with his KX2 since he recently got it. He's spent time on the phone with Customer Service and at their request, he shipped the unit back. Needless to say, the shipping costs back to Elecraft came out of his own pocket.

He detailed his problems on the Elecraft io.group, hoping another KX2 user who might have had the same issues could lend some advice. He was answered by Wayne N6KR - ONE OF THE OWNERS OF THE COMPANY!

Wayne ordered the Customer Service department to bring the KX2 directly to him. To Wayne, it sounded like the problem was a firmware issue and he wrote the firmware, so he wants to take care of it - personally. In addition, he has ordered the Customer Service department to reimburse the user for the costs in shipping the KX2 back to the factory.

I've never gotten customer service like that from a photography company when I've had a problem! Never got it from Canon, Hasselblad or any other camera company that I've dealt with. When I was at Sinar Bron, as an industry leader, the concept of exceptional customer service was constantly drilled into us. Eventually it became like second nature and it was truly disappointing when it was not received in return,  The only company from which I've ever received service like that was the original Heathkit, as I outlined in my recent post about my SB-104A. Thankfully, I've never needed that kind of service from Elecraft, but it's comforting to know they stand behind their product, and would provide it.

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment