Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Skeeter Hunt Soapbox comments and a change

I was originally not going to publish soapbox comments for the 2023 Hunt on the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt Webpage. I did not do that for 2021 or 2022 - I just let whatever comments that were posted to the Facebook page suffice, and I provided the link on the Skeeter Hunt webpage.

I've received a couple private e-mails expressing disappointment with my decision, as it would appear that there are some Skeeter Hunt participants out there who do not subscribe to Facebook, or ever care to. In fact,  I have a Hunter boycotting this year in protest for this very reason.

Because I care deeply about what you guys think and want, I've decided to resume posting soapbox comments to the Official NJQRP Skeeter Hunt Webpage for 2023 and in the meantime, I will get all the soapbox comments for 2021 and 2022 published as well. No, I didn't discard them, I still have them in a specially marked e-mail folders. I'm probably crazy, but I guess it's worth the effort, and I hesitate to disappoint dedicated Skeeter Hunters.

So please bear with me as this is a lot of work. For 2023, please feel free to post them to the Facebook page, if you want - but also include them with your 2023 Log Summary submission. They will appear in both venues.

Now, as far as certificates go. I was also lax there. Well, not so much lax as the costs of printing and mailing have become prohibitive since this all started back in 2012. So I will get to the backlog of certificates AND the 2023 certificates as well .........but they will be-e-mailed to you as .pdf files. You can print them out for yourselves, if you so desire, and hang them on the wall (or as wallpaper for your computer), or use them as a dartboard material or even line the bottom of your birdcage.  As far as certificates go, I'm going to take the lead from POTA and distribute them this way.

I hope everyone is agreeable with this.

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:42 PM

    Very good Larry. I think your decision is very wise. We had similar discussions at our NCQSO Party committee. Personally, I am not a fan of Facebook for reasons most of us are aware. Yet, I also knew that their FB Groups feature was very popular in our ham community. After carefully reviewing their Groups operations, I saw no evidence of censorship or political bias. So we decided to go ahead and create a Facebook Group for NCQP. It has been very popular. However, we try to duplicate postings and files on our website as well as groups.io .
    Looking forward to Skeeter Hunt 2023 and all the great soapbox comments and photos.
    72, Marc, W4MPS

    ReplyDelete