Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Well, you learn something new every day!

I got involved in a discussion on the KX3 Facebook page. A Ham who just recently received his KX3 was telling about how he was not overly enamored with the Elecraft KXPD3 paddles that attach to the transceiver. I had a pair, and I was not thrilled with the action and feel either, and said as much.

I have and much prefer the QRPGuys Single Lever Paddle which I bought a while ago. In fact, I like this little paddle so much that I purchased a second, just to have in case the kit was ever retired. And sure, enough, it has been.

When I purchased mine a few years back, the kit was around $25, give or take a few bucks. It's not the most stylish or elegant looking solution, but I really like the action and feel of this little guy.

I told the poster on Facebook about these (they came single lever or iambic) and suggested that maybe he might find someone willing to sell theirs.

My comment was commented on by Michael Harnage W1MT that they ARE still available from QRPBuilder.com. I didn't even know this company and website existed!  It's run by Ken – WA4MNT, and Karen – KF4EEL. I strongly advise you to check them out as they have neat things for sale as well as a lot of useful information. In particular, my eye landed upon an adapter kit that will allow you to use low Z earbuds with a crystal radio that normally allows only the use of a high Z earphone,

So, indeed, you learn something new everyday and today was a good one. Thank you, Michael!

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Thanks for the link to QRPBuilder - interesting site!

    Jeff KE9V

    ReplyDelete