Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Crud

This is getting to be like the movie "Groundhog Day" where we just repeat the same thing over and over and over.

The forecast for the weekend:


I was hoping to finally get the opportunity to play around with the Buddistick on top of the Jeep and do some analysis using the NanoVNA.  That's the setup I want to use for some POTA activations. Aside from a VE Session Saturday morning and the weekly grocery shopping the weekend looked to be relatively free of "engagements" (codeword for chores). But unless the forecast changes drastically, I guess not again this weekend.

I think I'll use the time instead to come up with a new iteration of a drive on mast holder for the Jackite. The last one was too bulky and took a lot of space in the back of my vehicle. Maybe a trip to Home Depot will inspire me to construct something a bit more compact and easier to deploy.

A bit tired this AM. I'm retaking a CERT course on opening, operating and closing emergency shelters. Class was last night and tomorrow night at the County Fire Academy. It's a long day when you get to work for 7:00 AM and don't get home until 10:30 PM. It's worth it, however. I'm remembering a lot of stuff that I learned a couple years ago that I had forgotten.  As a CERT member in NJ, someday I may be needed to assist at one of the County's Regional Shelters if the need ever arises. Not that I'll be running the operation, but if you understand how things work going in, then you can do whatever job your handed more efficiently and confidently.

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!


No comments:

Post a Comment