Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Going to Canada

No QRP Image of the Day today.

So how does one get into Canada without a passport, you ask? Simply take the Two Nations Boat Tour up at Alexandria Bay like Marianne and I did yesterday.

The ship entered Canadian waters, but we never made landfall ..... so we were in Canada ..... technically. At one point we passed the village of Rockport, Ontario. Here's a photo, and you can see what immediately caught this OM's eye.

That's a tower and a Yagi, all right. Once we got back to our room, I did a search on QRZ and there's only one Ham listed as living in Rockport, Ontario - VE3XDJ. I have no idea if that's really his. Maybe it's someone who has a permanent address somewhere else, and this is just a Summer home? That would be a distinct possibility, I guess.

Today's our last day here. I doubt I'll get that park activation in. But that's small potatoes. Being with Marianne is way more important. 

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment