Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Is this guy a Ham, or what?

The QRP Image of the Day, from the QRP 14.060 Group on Facebook:

So we're up here in Alexandria Bay, celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. On Sunday morning, I was waiting for Marianne to finish her shower so that we could go get some breakfast.

To pass the time, I decided to play the Daily Jumble on my phone. For those of you who might not be familiar with the game, you're given about 5 words that are all jumbled up and you have to unjumble them.

The one that really hung me up was "AAVIRC". I immediately entered VARIAC. Right? What else could it be? When the letters don't bounce and go to the next one, you know you have it wrong. How could it NOT be VARIAC?

Hmmmmm .... I had to start thinking like a non-Ham. It took me a few moments, but then I typed in CAVIAR. That was it!

I went on to solve the rest, but I still preferred VARIAC!

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP  - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment