Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Got them in the log!

 



Before running the South Plainfield ARES/RACES last night, I saw TO8FH spotted on 15 Meters, so I gave it a shot. They were only about 449 to 559 here, so I didn't expect too much, and was not disappointed.

At the top of the hour, around 0000 UTC, I saw them spotted on 17 Meters, where they were much louder - about 579. I stayed with them, tuned up a little more than 2 kHz and was rewarded to hear them send my call! We completed the exchange and now I have another DXCC entity in my logbook.

After working them I was a bit pumped and remembered how satisfying it is to bag an ATNO. I have to be careful, because I can see where this can become a habit (again) quite easily!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Congrats on the ATNO! I called them for about 45 minutes with no joy, but glad to know someone who put them in the log! 73 de Jeff KE9V

    ReplyDelete