Saturday, October 21, 2023

Sitting in the shack

For an unbooked Saturday, it was a very busy Saturday! Woke up to a gloomy and rainy morning but still got a lot done including getting a haircut which was very badly needed!

I'm down here in the shack after dinner and I've worked a few POTA stations and Andy HB9CVQ on 30 Meters. 80 and 40 Meters are filled with New York State QSO Party stations. I guess I could work a few to hand out some points and fatten up the log, but not really into that tonight.

Last night after dinner, I managed to log T2C Tuvalu Island on 10 Meters. That was a rough one with a lot of repeats, but I checked on Club Log today and I'm in there! I think I'm getting close to 175 different DXCC entities worked. Small potatoes to a lot of inveterate DX'ers out there; but I've never had a mega-station, so I'll be a very happy Ham if I can reach the 200 mark and get another sticker for my basic DXCC certificate.

I've worked more ATNO's in the last week than I think I have in the past couple of years. The great thing about Amateur Radio is that it's like riding a bicycle - once you learn, you never really forget how!

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment