Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Harbor Freight

Got home from work today to see that my parts drawer arrived from Harbor Freight.

It was very reasonably priced, only $14.99 plus S&H. The construction is from a different plastic than I'm used to; but it will do the job. It has 40 drawers plus a larger flat one across the bottom. I will use this to store electronic components, of course. I don't have a big "junk box" right now; but in time, if I need to, I will buy another.

Speaking of the junk box, I have three broken VCRs down the basement that I have to take apart and scavenge for parts. I don't know if there's anything in them that will actually be useful; but I'm willing to take a look.

Getting back to Harbor Freight .... I haven't bought much from them; but when I have, I've been pretty happy with my purchases. The aluminum case that I tote my portable QRP station in came from them; and I've been very happy with that. I think this parts drawer will be a winner, too.

When I was working at my old job, when I used to perform repairs on professional photographic studio lighting, we had one whole wall of the shop lined with drawers like this. I think the area they occupied was about 6 feet high by 10 feet wide. We stored everything in those! ICs, resistors, capacitors, inductors, were all neatly stored and each drawer was labeled.

On a completely different note, the weather forecast for tomorrow and Friday is sun with temperatures in the 60s. A bit of spring in the air; and perhaps a bit of QRP in the park at lunchtime? I sure hope so.

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you've even been to one of their stores. There's one up by me and a few in NJ. The one by me looked smaller then I would have thought, but it packed a lot inside.

    Check out http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/retail_stores.taf#NJ if you haven't been to one.

    73,
    K2DSL - David

    ReplyDelete