Thursday, June 02, 2016

Limburger conditions


I've been fortunate enough the past few days to be able to head outside to the Jeep during lunch. Unfortunately, band conditions in my area have been akin to Limburger cheese ..... kind of on the stinky side.

I heard only one signal on 17 Meters and that was a Stateside station calling "CQ DX". 20 Meters was largely dead, although John ON4UN was busting through with a 599 signal.  Considering the amount of aluminum he has hanging in the air, that's no surprise. I've worked him several times and was tempted to try again, but he was looking for NA DX and I highly doubt he needed another QSO from that rarest of States, New Jersey.

The lack of signals was so bad that I even ventured up into the SSB portion of the band to hear what I could hear.  Not much there, either.  Other than one XYL telling her friend about her car's recent mechanical troubles, I heard one or two Italian stations and that was about it.

No NPOTA stations, no SOTA stations, no QRP stations were heard.  Calling CQ for a few minutes, yielded nothing, either.

I hate days like this, although it's days like this that make me appreciate K3WWP's streak even more.

SMH

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment