Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmas is a coming

And the goose is getting fat
Please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny
Then a half-penny will do
If you haven't got a half-penny, then God bless you!

So Christmas is two days away! What's on your list (sounds like a Capital One commercial, eh?), that you've asked Santa to bring you?

A shiny new rig?
Perhaps a certificate for a new IC-705?
Maybe a DMR radio?
Perhaps a KX2 or a KX3?
A tower with a Hexbeam perched atop?


If I could ask Santa to bring me anything, it would either be an Alex Loop or a Begali Sculpture Mono.

The Alex Loop because it is probably one of the last things I would ever buy for myself, yet I'd love to see how it performs compared to my home brew version. Mine will not load on 15 Meters for whatever reason, I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

The Begali key because they are simply the best! I have the Simplex Mono and it is superb! I am willing to bet the Sculpture is even more grand.

Here's hoping that you find the Amateur Radio goodies of your dreams under your Christmas Tree or next to your menorah.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!


1 comment:

  1. Good evening Larry, I just sold my Contour key as it was just sitting on my desk after I purchased my capacitive touch key. I had the Alex loop and it's a very good antenna and turns very nicely. You may want to check out the Chameleon CHA P loop antennas. I have this unit and it's very well-made and very easy to tune even compared to the Alex loop.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    73
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete