Thursday, February 11, 2021

My feelings about now

 

I went down to the shack last night to retrieve my laptop, which was sitting in its dock. I looked at the thermometer on the wall and it read 58F (14C). Needless to say, I didn't stay long.

We got another two inches of snow over night with more forecasted for the weekend and next Tuesday. Seems we are stuck in a weather pattern that I'd rather not be stuck in.  The temperatures are not supposed to go much above freezing for a while. While December and January were relatively mild and dry, February has decided to tell those two months, "Hold my  beer."

And speaking of wondering how low the temperatures can go, I wonder how low the RTTY signals will go on the bands this coming weekend? It's the CQ WW RTTY Contest this weekend and I'm willing to bet we'll hear RTTY signals all the way down to the ".25" part of all the bands.

I guess it won't matter too much to me as it's too dang cold to sit down there comfortably for any extended length of time, anyway.

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. I can only sympathise from the other side of the Pond. Outside it's -8 Celsius windchill in a strong continental easterly. Snow is common this winter. Even the bands from 15 and up have taken a significant dive as the Sun goes quiet again.

    Still, I'm looking forward to receiving my nearly-new FT-818 off E-bay, and the hope of springtime operating that will bring.

    Chin up!

    ReplyDelete