Saturday, October 17, 2009

More fun

80 Meters was in great shape tonight! QRN was low; but QSB was bothersome. Even so, I managed to work all up and down the East Coast and into Canada. In a couple of hours of searching and pouncing, as well as calling CQ from time to time, I managed to work 20 or so QRP-ARCI stations.

When I would pop on to 40 Meters every now and then to see if I could work anyone there, I was able to hear the German stations like they were stateside. They were loud and 40 Meters went long, fast! I worked some Midwest stations as well as Colorado - even a bit farther west.

I'd like to get on some tomorrow; but it looks like the day is going to be pretty occupied with other things. It's a good thing that I am not a die hard contester. If I were I'd probably be REALLY bothered by not being able to operate because of other obligations. For me, it's a minor inconvenience.

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Very good advice Larry...as much as I love sending dots and dashes, the family is the MOST important thing. Got to keep the priorities straight to be truly happy.

    ReplyDelete