Friday, October 30, 2009

Zombie Shuffle 2009

OK, so maybe the zombies in "Thriller" had some good moves and didn't actually shuffle. But you get the idea.

The QRP Zombie Shuffle was held tonight, Friday October 30th - Mischief Night, Devil's Night, Prank Night ..... whatever you want to call it.

As a respectable Ham Radio op, I spent the night behind the radio - not soaping windows or TP'ing trees. Do they even DO that anymore these days? That's probably tame compared to what they DO do these days!

But once again, I digress. Conditions on 40 Meters were very nice tonight. No sign at all of the 20 over 9 QRN that plagued me during the Fox Hunt last night. And 80 Meters was quite nice, also.

Participation seemed to be on the light side; and in a couple of hours I managed to work 17 stations. These were:

80 Meters
W1PID - NH
WB8YYY - MD
W3BBO - PA
N9NE - WI
VE3VAW - ON
W2SH - NJ
KA3WMJ - PA
AA1MY - ME

40 Meters
W4GNS - VA
K8IQY - MI
W2KJ - NC
W3BBO - PA (Both bands - hey!)
N5GW - MS
K8CV - MI (Who would not work me again on 80)
WK8S - MI
NØAR - MN
AF4LQ - KY

Technically, this runs until Midnight, local time; and I might be tempted to go down and try again in a few minutes. But I think I might be tempted even more by the prospect of my head hitting the pillow!

73 de Larry W2LJ

PS - I liked that this was on a Friday night. There are some QRP Sprints which take place on a Sunday night - the Run For The Bacon coming immediately to mind. Somehow it's easier for me to participate in a Sprint on a Friday night, knowing that I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment