Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thank you!

Third post for the day; and maybe not the last - the brain juices are flowing! Maybe it's just the cola - I don't know!

I had a few minutes free time at work yesterday during lunch (which was again taken at my desk); and I plugged "W2LJ" into Bing, just to see what would come up. I was blown away and humbled to see all the places on the WWW where links have been made to either this blog; or my Website.

Thanks so much to all of you who take the time to read this. It makes it all worth while. I hope that I am providing information as well as maybe a little enjoyment and entertainment.

I also have found that the political posts seem to get the most comment activity. That being said, I swill still strive to stay as on topic with Amateur Radio as I can; and will try to keep the digressions to a minimum. However, I'd like to say something to the folks posting comments. I may not agree with your politics; but please know that I respect you and your opinions. This is still a free country of ideas and it would be a slap in the face to the people who fought and died for this country for me NOT to respect your points of view. As long as we keep it civil (which it has been) there's no harm in exchanging points of view. I know I'm not going to change the minds of the people who disagree with me; and they're not going to change mine. But it's nice to see that discussion, argument (civil) and even a few well meant FRIENDLY jabs can be well received on both sides without things turning into a miasma.

Now, I'm off to take the screens out of the storm doors and put in the glass. Forecast for the better part of next week is for daily highs only in the 50s. Have I ever given the rant on how I just HATE cold weather! I'm sure I have. :)

I'm sure something constructive will pop into my mind for later.

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Hello Larry, political posts always generates discussions. I don't have an opinion about the Nobel prize for president Obama. Though I like the way he operates in politics. If I were an American citizen I would be a democrat, I think. 73, Paul PC4T

    ReplyDelete