Saturday, October 10, 2009

They call this a day off?

A day off from work; but not a day off from work!

I got my son to his soccer game this morning. Got the storm windows put in the front and back storm doors. Got the lawn mowed, and the leaves raked. Bought some mums from my kids' school to get some Autumn color on the front porch. Got the grocery shopping done and made dinner since my wife had to work today. Finished the chores by changing the cat box - YUCK!

And this is a day off from work? Still have to get the dishes into the dishwasher. At least I don't have to do 'em by hand. Then it's off to bed - I am beat.

I managed to squeeze in a few minutes on Echolink with Bob W3BBO. We were shooting the breeze and he told me how conditions were good enough yesterday on 20 Meters that he was able to get Worked All Continents in one day. And this is with the SSN at 0 and the Solar Flux hanging around 70. Can't wait until things start really cooking again!

He also told me that the PA QSO Party is in full swing today. I'm sure 40 Meters will be wall to wall with contesters; which is OK by me. I'm too tired to ragchew and would probably fall asleep at the key, anyway.

Tomorrow, if the weather is decent, Marianne and I will probably take the kids out to farm country (yes, there still IS farm country in New Jersey) to pick out some pumpkins for Halloween. I'm hoping there will be some fresh cider and cider doughnuts, too!

73 de Larry W2LJ

1 comment:

  1. Hello Larry, I know what you mean. My son have also a soccer game on Saturday, On Sunday tennis games, and the daughter has hors riding training on Sunday morning. Have a nice weekend. 73, Paul PC4T

    ReplyDelete