Friday, May 18, 2012

Feeling numb

My Mom's funeral was today.

The week was busy with running here, running there - taking care of this and taking care of that.  Now all the busy-ness has come to an abrupt end and I am feeling numb.

Normally, I'd be keeping my eyeballs peeled for news out of Dayton.  Still doing that somewhat, as K4SWL has been posting some neat photos (check 'em out) on his blog - The QRP'er.  But it sure hasn't enticed me like it has in past years.

I was hoping against hope, to come home and find "that e-mail" from Elecraft in my In Box as there was indication earlier in the week on the KX3 reflector that a bunch of kits would be shipped today.  Nothing there.

The good news is that Marianne may be off from work tomorrow, which is an extremely rare thing as she always works on Saturdays.  If that's the case (and I am praying that it is) then I will immerse myself in spending quality family time with her and the kids.  We were kicking the idea around of going down to Camden, NJ to visit the State Aquarium that is located there, as well as the Battleship New Jersey which is berthed there.

If we go to the USS New Jersey and I can get some photos of the radio room, which is now filled with Amateur Radio gear, I will post them here.

Be well, my friends!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your lose....I lost mine several years ago, and there isn't a day that goes by that i don't think, and miss her...

    ReplyDelete