Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Memories

I was reading my good friend Kelly K4UPG's blog; and my memory was quite neatly jogged by the video he posted for the old REMCO game, "Fascination".  I remember the commercial like it was yesterday. My cousins had the game and I used to love to play it.

I was so taken by the video, that I went on over to YouTube and did a search on REMCO, looking for other commercials for toys of my youth.  I found this one, which I only vaguely, vaguely remember in the very recesses of my memory - but maybe it had something to do with becoming an Amateur Op in my later years?



On the same page, I saw a link to this video - and got a kick out of it as well.



If you were around for the 50s and 60s, you probably ran around with one of those in your pocket or school bag.  I remember sneaking a radio like that into school in 1969 so I could listen to the Mets beat the Orioles in the World Series.  Ah, yes - back when they actually played World Series games in daylight hours!

And all the nights spent spinning the dial, either listening to Jean Shepherd K2ORS on WWOR or looking for DX stations like KDKA out of Pittsburgh or KMOX out of St. Louis.  Good times!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the videos Larry. Although before I was born (1968) it is very interesting. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete