Monday, May 14, 2012

This is truly difficult.


This is the most difficult blog post that I have ever made.

It is with a heavy and broken heart that I have to announce that my Mom, Doris Makoski, passed away tonight.  She was 83 and died due to complications from cancer. Thankfully, she passed peacefully in her sleep with my sister and my brother-in-law and me at her bedside.

My mom is the person most responsible for who and what I am.  She taught me a lot and always told me to never be afraid to do the things that I wanted to do.

While I am happy that she is no longer suffering and in pain; and that she's gone on to the reward that she so richly deserves, I cannot describe to you the loss and void that I am feeling right now.

If you would remember her in your prayers, it would be appreciated.

Larry W2LJ

10 comments:

  1. Larry, I am praying for you and your family, just wanted to let you know.
    Travis KD0IPM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, I am praying for you and your family, so sorry for your loss. I just know how nice it is to know that there's someone else pulling for you.
    Travis
    KD0IPM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Larry, sorry to hear that sad news. My sincere condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to read of your loss, Larry. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry, very sorry to hear about your mom. Very sad news indeed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    EI2KC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about this great loss for you and your family.
    My sincere condolences Larry.

    Patrick, ON4CDJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Larry very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Julie and I are thinking and praying for you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sorry to hear about your mom.

    Regards,
    Jim
    W2KLM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Larry, Firstly many condolences to you and your family for the loss of your mother. I'm in a position myself where both parents are elderly and in ill health and I dread what the future holds. You can at least now take solace with the knowledge that now your Mother is out of pain.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete