Friday, May 04, 2012

Wow!

I saw this on eBay today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HF-antenna-QRP-Norcal-Doublet-Portable-/120903732214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c266c8bf6

Someone in Spain is auctioning off NorCal Doublets.  This particular one has 12 bids on it with about 2 1/2 days to go.  High bid is $31.00 US.

Holy Shamoley!  I have to start getting busy building NorCal Doublets and posting them to eBay !!  I have built several of these from ribbon cable as well as light gauge speaker wire.  They do work decently well, and they are cheap to make.  For what I paid in materials, $31.00 would be a serious return on investment.

The handing out of Skeeter numbers is going well.  If you hit the extreme right tab above, entitled "NJQRP Skeeter Hunt", you'll get the rules and you'll be able to see the roster as it currently stands.  I am going to update it as often as I can.  As of this very second, 39 Skeeter numbers have been handed out.

Ward Silver of the ARRL has been notified, so The Hunt will appear in the August "Contest Corral".  I will send an e-mail to CQ this weekend, also.

Ahhh!  My birthday present arrived in the mail today - the DCP paddles from American Morse.  Tiny little package for a tiny little key.  I hope to start the build this weekend and will post some photos.

The kids (including yours truly) want to see "The Avengers Assemble" this weekend. Hope I can get tickets - all local shows around here for tonight are already sold out.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Winning bid on the NorCal Doublet was $61.00. Can you believe that? I have to start making these and selling them on eBay - this is like winning the lottery!

    Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ4UQ2:32 PM

    Looking at the American Morse site, I don't see anything to connect the paddles to the radio. How are you handling that?

    ReplyDelete