Tuesday, May 29, 2012

There is a saying here in America

and probably other countries, too. It's for when things don't work out quite up to your expectations. The phrase that is used is "Guess I'm a day late and a dollar short".

I have to make an alternative.  "Guess I'm a day early and a dollar up!"  Because, when I came home from work today; and looked down while I was unlocking the door - this is what I saw:


'Twas sitting right there, on the front stoop - waiting me to pick it up and bring it inside. And it arrived a day early!  According to the e-mail that I had received from the folks in Aptos, I was not expecting this until tomorrow.

Upon opening the box, I saw now nice and neatly everything was packaged:


The errata sheet, followed by the manuals (building and owner's) and finally the boxes containing the goodies underneath.

As long as this has taken, I am in no glorified, all Hell bent, gotta-get-it-done-now rush.  I am going to spend tonight clearing off my worktable in the shack, and will take some time to re-read the construction manual - again.  Right now, if nothing comes up out of left field, I am anticipating construction being completed over the next two evenings.

Pictures and details to follow.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Great news Larry I know this is a box that was a long time in coming....like my kids waiting for Christmas day! Great to hear, see and read that the KX3 has made it.........NOW GET IT TOGETHER AND ON THE AIR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larry, wow, congrats with your new toy! 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete