Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun Sprint tonight!


Tonight is the annual QRP-ARCI Hootowl Sprint, which is always a lot of fun! This and the Michigan QRP Club Sprint, which was held last weekend are the kickoff events for the summer QRP season. As you can see from the image above, I was able to place decently a few years ago; and was quite surprised to have that beautiful certificate mailed to me.

The Sprint will run between 8:00 PM and Midnight, local time. For more details, please visit:
http://www.qrparci.org/content/view/1518/118/

The QRP-ARCI events are always a good time. I hope you'll find some time to get on the air tonight and make a few QSOs.

And don't forget 80 Meters - the QRN has been not bad the past few evenings!

73 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:08 PM

    I keep telling myself to take a shot at these mini-contests. They are short and sweet. Don't necessarily have to send in a log, just give some folks a point or two. Never get to it. I definitely don't do the major contests, but should give the little one's a go.
    72/73 N2ugb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Hello Larry,
    I worked a few guys in the Hoot Owl last night. the bands were not too bad and I never did hear anyone on 80 meters. Zero dark thirty comes early so I pulled the plug and went to bed de Paul N0NBD

    ReplyDelete