Thursday, January 21, 2010

Got me a Fox pelt tonight.

40 Meters was quiet tonight. That was good and bad. Quiet from the normal neighborhood QRN is a good thing. Quiet in the lack of hearing any other radio signals is a bad thing!

I tuned up and down the 40 Meter QRP Foxhunt slice; and I wasn't hearing anything. I was starting to sweat with worries about antenna problems; but then I came across some digi signals and some strong CW around 7.016 MHz. So I wandered back up to the hunting grounds to tune around very carefully; and heard Jim NØUR calling "CQ FOX" very weakly. (As compared to Tuesday, when he was one of the 80 Meter Foxes and was absolutely banging into NJ.)




I gave Jim a 449, which was probably more than I should have; and I heard him come back to me with a "QSL" that he had gotten my exchange. They must have good water or something up there in Minnesota, because Jim has an excellent pair of ears!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment